Monday, April 30, 2007

Summer Blockbusters Part II


JULY

Transformers- When I first saw this preview last summer I wet myself in the theater. Growing up Transformers were a staple among young boys. This movie has an awesome cast and I'm sure the visual effects will be out of this world (no pun intended). I do feel that the story line will be a bit bland and therefore make the movie pretty bad, but since the word Transformer has been in my vocabulary for 20 years and I can sing the theme song by heart I am going to see this one (twice).

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- I hate the Harry Porter Books. It's like a cult. People counting down the days until it is released, it just sickens me. Maybe another reason is because the books come out during the summer time and at camp there are hundreds of packages of Porter books. There are even parents who send the kids the book chapter by chapter. So strange. Anyway, the movies have been getting better and better and darker and darker. The last one (Goblet of Fire) received a PG-13 stamp. Someone even died. I'll probably go see this one because the movies are pretty good and getting better.


The Simpsons- Unfortunately growing up I wasn't a huge Simpson's fan. I have probably seen every episode, but I'm not the fanatic who watches the reruns and memorizes the lines. However, I do have about 3 friends who do and I have since caught on. So I'm somewhat of a Simpson's buff. Will I see this movie? Like I said before, I'm not a huge animated movie fan. I'll see this one with a group of people and only after I heard it was good. I did the same thing with South Park.

AUGUST

The Bourne Ultimatum- I think this franchise is great. The first and second movies were very well done and Matt Damon got the better end of the stick in movies than Ben Affleck (sucker). Since the movies are based off of books I'm sure story line will be something of ending his feud with Tredstone or the government or whoever is responsible for his "suffering". It is easy to say this movie will be action-packed. I do hope this being the third installment it doesn't flop. Seeing this one.


Rush Hour 3- Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth? Skipping this one. The second one was horrible and the first one wasn't that funny to begin with.

Interesting enough 10 of the films listed are sequels. Is Hollywood running out of ideas? Or are they creating such good franchises that people want more out of these characters?

2 comments:

Fitz said...

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that "Michael Bay's Transformers" probably won't be as good as Transformers: The Movie from 1986. And I say that completely seriously.

I've liked the Jason Bourne movies so far.

Simpsons movie should be good.

Rush Hour 3? I guess the entire epic hasn't been told yet.

Harry Potter is pretty cool

Unknown said...

I think i am a tiny bit too young for transformers, i don't remember ever watching them on TV. I watched TMNT.

I am getting more interested in the Harry Potter movies, I saw about 15 mins of one of the newest ones, it was real interesting, and definitely not 'kiddie'

Simpsons I'll watch, but i'm sure it won't be great. It couldn't possibly match that level set by the South Park movie, and probably won't even be as good as the Aqua Teen Movie.

Bourne movies are good

I must be the only one with any interest in Rush Hour 3